Search This Blog

2/10/2024

Chicago Fire.

 

Just something from my life...film shot. I like Chicago. I've only been there twice. Once, I was on a school trip, and I got in big trouble for leaving the group. Can't remember where I went, but I was taking a lot of pictures, and I do recall that we were at some sandwich place, and I was bored, and my eye caught something interesting, and I just followed whatever it was. The second time I visited Chicago, I was there for work, and I didn't get in trouble, but I should have. I didn't like the high-rise hotel, because I don't like those kinds, unless there's a balcony or something, because it makes me feel rather trapped, and I'm not used to it. Not a big deal...just a feeling I get. But I stayed outside mostly, and I had so much fun.

One time, I went to Virginia to visit, and but for one brief outing, I never left the hotel, because I had a headache, and I went to the front desk and bought what I thought was regular Tylenol, but I discovered later that it was actually Tylenol PM, and so I felt so sleepy, and the bed was so comfy, and the TV was so good, I had a blast just chilling in there. I even got to know the hotel staff. Later, back home, I smiled and told everyone that I went on long, adventurous hikes on the AT. In reality, I simply dove deep into the sheets, and that's all I did. I did tell my friend Sara the truth, and she and I cracked up about it.

When I was in Brownies (the step before Girl Scouts), I got in trouble there too. I hated the uniform, and on a zoo trip, to distract myself from the clothes, I became mesmerized by the elephants or giraffes or whatnot, and I wouldn't leave them. I just stayed there. The group was long gone, and there I was, entranced, pulling at the uniform, writing on it with a pen here and there. Eventually, I found the group, but later they kicked me out of Brownies for various things, including stealing cookies.

I got kicked out of dance/tap class too, because as soon as I got tap shoes, I just jumped around, making as much noise as possible, and I wouldn't stop. I was so loud, and I loved it. It was hilarious, because no one could hear anything due to my banging around, but I wouldn't listen at all. What I wanted to say was that I hated the leotard, hated it. I let them know how much I hated it. I still don't like tight clothes. 

I love sweats and track pants. We used to take family photos on the steps at my Mimi's house every year. Three years in a row, in that family photo, I'm wearing my blue/yellow Adidas track pants. Hilarious. I'm not sure what happened to those pants, but I miss the hell out of them.

Just some blurbs from my life. And it just gave me some short story ideas. :)

Hope you have a beautiful day.
C.A. MacConnell

P.S. Positive thought for today, for me, for you: in Catholic high school, on "out of uniform day," I wore a Skid Row T-shirt showing Mona Lisa with bare tits and a nose ring with a chain that hooked to her ear. Would you believe that they didn't send me home? All morning long, I was hoping I'd get to leave. At a certain point, I just left. No one noticed that either.

Moral of the story: who cares what other people think. They're consumed with their own lives anyway. Do me. Celebrate me. Do you. Celebrate you. Love to you.