Search This Blog

2/23/2024

Celebrate Weird.

Good morning. Positive thought for today, for me, for you. Just off the top of my head, actually. Something light:

well, in college, I minored in film; yes, I've seen numerous great masterpieces, and I've written a gazillion ridiculous essays about the creative giants. For instance, I'll argue with you 'til the end that the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is brilliant, and unlike the popular crowd, who are chained to The Life Aquatic, I am sure that Moonrise Kingdom is Wes Anderson's greatest work. I'd tell you my favorite crime movie, but I'm sure it'd start an internet war.

But secretly, what I really love are shark movies and boxing movies. So, when life gets rough, I turn to Rocky and Jaws. I've seen all the original Rocky films, but I'm ashamed to say I'm behind on the Creed line. I'm emotionally involved, and I'm partial to watching Rocky fight. It bothers me to see him on the sidelines, haha.

Hey, just now, I found a Jaws baseball jacket that someone wants to get rid of really cheap. That's because no one wants it. Perfect! Not sure if it's gonna fit yet, but we'll make it fit. Now all I have to do is find a Rocky T-shirt or some trunks, and I can relax about life, and my wardrobe will be complete.

Moral of the story: behind every Rear Window, there's a Megalodon. That is...we all have our secret quirks, and they're hilarious. Celebrate weird!

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell