Search This Blog

8/13/2024

It Seems.

I'm afraid. I've woken up feeling like this a lot during my life. Everything seems strange and out of order. It feels like I'm reaching out for someone or something, and all I find is air. But then I notice the actual air -- the wind. The trees, the branches. I notice the way the leaves are gently trembling. I see two lost, wild turkeys. I hear some jazz drifting out from a nearby car. And I remember that I am a part of something vast, something I could never control or understand. And I remember that there is a great deal more to this mess than my individual plans and designs. I'm uncomfortable as all hell but strangely, the notion of a higher pattern fills me with a sense of awe and beauty.

I am a part of something, and I have a sense of the heart of it, and I always have, but I can't ever fully explain it.

But it seems to me that we are all in different stages of healing.

And so, good morning. Time for brekky. Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell