Search This Blog

8/18/2024

Books, Musing, Film.

Hello. I figure, we're all just people running around looking for adventure and love. A bunch of kids with different bodies and faces. Sure, we play unique roles, and we all have various awesome talents and such, but we're all just kids.

Sometimes, I dream that Ron Howard will read and take on my book, Griffin Farm. Once, I sent him a FB message about it, because it's along the lines of one of his films, and I know he loves a great story, especially an epic adventure.

Another time, I sent a message to Jonah Hill about my second novel, The House of Anchor, because he did a film about skaters that I really liked, and I thought he might dig The Anchor, which is chock full of skaters; but it may be better as a Netflix series, with all of the possible side plots. I'd like to see Hill involved...he has a real passion for the 90s stuff, like me. But maybe he would disagree, who knows, ha.

Honestly, I think numerous folks would be interested in Strange Skin and The Hole. They're almost written directly for the screen. I'm extremely visual when I write, and I specialize in dialogue; it'd be an easy switch. In this day and age, directors would love The Hole, because audiences seem to like thrillers. I definitely see that one as a film; it would be fantastic.

If I were a director, which would I choose? Strange Skin. It's the least complicated, and it's a heart warmer, and it would be the least expensive to make. I also miss stories about teenagers, adventures, and relationships...there were a slew of great ones in the 80s and 90s, although Netflix has grabbed onto it with shows like Outer Banks and such. I adore such shows. Strange Skin would fit right in there. Plus, it's family friendly.

As an author, which one do I most want to see come alive through the camera? I want to see three, fantastic, young actors portray Lucas, Joanna, and Zion. If you want to know which book that is, you'll have to read them! Ha.

If you're interested in my novels, here they are.

Just musing and dreaming this afternoon. But as I've gotten older, I'm much more interested in directly connecting with people and staying in the moment. If great success rolled in, I'd be stoked to see the creativity of it all, for sure, and that would be exciting! But I'm not focused on results like I used to be. I'm more interested in creating in the moment, and the process. And I'm more interested in the small details of life, the curious nature of patterns, and the mystery of it all.

What would be my biggest dream? To rock on a porch swing and hold hands with someone who I truly cherish. To talk and laugh and share a life. To enjoy and celebrate another human being and not give two shits about exteriors but rather, love fully and deeply with passion and magic. Seriously, that would make my heart sing more than any movie. I have very little experience with that, but I've had countless daydreams about it since I was a little girl, and if the opportunity presented itself, I'd sure love to try.

But today, I had the thought that I'm OK with myself, just how I am, right here, right now. And that's incredible. I've worked extremely hard to have such thoughts. It has sure taken a lot of work and digging, and my books have been a huge part of that. But maybe one day, I'll be on that porch swing, and I'll look back at this blog entry and say, Hell yeah! It's happening. My characters are alive. And that would be fun!

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell