Search This Blog

9/24/2024

More. More. More.

Good morning.

My mind is already going...what I need to get accomplished today. Become bigger! More! More! More! Forget the moment. I need to press on! Something is missing!

Stop.

How can I best be happy, light, and free today? Yesterday, I stopped myself several times throughout the day and asked myself this question again. I looked up at the sky, or I focused on breathing, or I just mentally checked in. It was interesting.

Of course, to improve one's life, or to accomplish a goal, one can't just sit and do nothing. One has to take steps to go forward, but I've found that the process is better and more joyful when I first center myself. To move forward with joy and lightness, rather than fear. And there's a time to just relax and celebrate who I am right now. Timing, balance = tricky.

See...I most enjoy the playful child within me. And I find her within the moment and when I am loving myself and others. And if I am my best self, I can move forward with natural joy, rather than fear.

And then, this is possible: I can be peaceful regardless of outside circumstances.

And I can change the world from the inside out.

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell

Books