Search This Blog

9/12/2024

Self, Last night.

 

I like to call this my "Joyce Carol Oates" selfie. Ha. I've read quite a bit of her work, and I admire her. Many of my favorite books have to do with where I was when I read them. Holding a flashlight, I read The Grapes of Wrath once during a blackout that lasted a week...and the book took a hold of me. I read The Giving Tree while sitting on the floor of my brother's bedroom, and I wasn't supposed to be there. I was alone, glancing at his bookshelf, bunk beds, and stuffed monkey. I was worried he might return and find me there, but when I grabbed the book and opened it, I was suddenly full of joy and excitement, and I shouted, "I can read!" because I discovered that I could. That was yesterday. Joking. I was really little. Ha.

You can find my books on Amazon NOW, right here.

Or, just touch/click on any of the book covers on the right side of this page; it'll send you there.

Ha, I was feeling fierce last night. Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell