Search This Blog

9/26/2024

Day with You.

 

Reaching Place

Film Shot. :) Representative of a longing I feel much of the time, but I'm seeing it differently now. I am familiar with this "reaching place." It is the place of dreaming, the place of mystery, the place of nature, the place of the divine. I suppose it feels different to everyone, but it seems like we all talk about it, muse about it, and write about it in various ways.

I feel it this morning -- that missing piece. But what if it is simply OK to be in a place of "missing." Love in itself is a mystery. No one has yet to "figure it out," but we all feel it in various ways, and it means different things to all of us. In any shape or form, love is inherently elusive. That is why...in songs, paintings, poems, sculptures, and the like...there is endless material about love. Every single day, a new creation concerning love pops up. And that is why, whether paired up or single, people constantly still express this "longing." 

We simply can't pin it down.

It is OK. It is human. :)

Oh no, a hole? The longing? Is there something wrong with me? I suppose some might say so, but this human piece drives my imagination. And as for me, I allow these dreams, these longings to enter right into my life through poetry, songs, pictures, and into my interactions with people. The wonder, the mystery helps me grow. So, maybe everything is just OK, and how I'm feeling is wonderful for me right now.

I don't need to be fixed. Neither do you. Love is beautiful and unique to all. I believe that what I desire is good and real, that God wants me to be happy. And this "longing" pushes me toward my true desires, my "happy place," so to speak.

What are my true desires? God knows, and I know. Let's see how it unfolds. :)

What I feel right now is perfect for me in this moment. 

Maybe I'll see you out and about, when I'm on my journey today.

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell