Search This Blog

9/18/2024

The Reach

Good morning. Books. Check out my novels today! You'll never forget the ride. :) Here's a poem for you. Love, C.A.

The Reach

With his fingers, one lonely man
carved a perfect, nude, stone sculpture.

A single woman penned a lofty book,
one about a shy, misunderstood

monster, a recluse who was half
machine. Others wrote elusive,
naked songs and poems. Nomads

poured out bibles and speeches.
Soliloquies. Today, each moment,

the world still cracks, falling in love
with Marilyn Monroe. And here I am,

digging into the stream, trying
to express what lies inside,
but like the rest, I'll never quite

reach. I'm sure you already know.

C.A. MacConnell


P.S. Some God thoughts for you this morning...

Perspective


What if? Everything and everyone around me are a piece of God.

And so am I. And so, I can celebrate myself, you, and the world today.

And I can focus on the beauty that surrounds me.

And I can see the beauty in myself.

If I lose sight, I can breathe, look up at the sky, and come back to it.

And I can know that I am worthy of all of the goodness I see. I am worthy of love, peace, and abundance, just as all of nature is. A beautiful perspective.

Love to you, C.A. MacConnell