Search This Blog

4/29/2024

Tires.

 

Weirdly, this is one of my favorites. I love it. So simple. I like the small stuff the best. The strange ones, the ones that usually no one likes but me.

I know, I've been so serious on this site lately, seemingly trying to figure everything out. In the moment, when I'm writing, my introvert nature creeps out, and I begin to reflect and dig deep. I've been like this as far back as I can remember. When I was eight or so, I remember sitting in the backyard under a willow tree, wondering about God, Native Americans, the plains, true love, and the like, while the other kids were swinging. I mean, later, I'd swing too, but I'd still be thinking about mustangs, unicorns, heaven, or my place in the world.

Sometimes now, I'm able to laugh at my intensity. When I write in the moment, it seems to make sense sometimes. But later, I'll think, I have so many questions. I am like a child in this. I realize that! Last night, I wrote a note to God, asking the universe to take over on my list of ridiculousness.

Maybe my musings, my writings, will help some people. Just part of my way of working through things. I hope you find what makes you happy, whether or not it has anything to do with me or my words. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But I'm hoping I can learn how to better love and be loved today. I'm hoping I can learn how to better love myself today. I'm learning how to let those people in. :) XO.

We're in this together.

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell