Search This Blog

4/28/2024

Everything. Living in the Solution.

 

Living in the Solution

When I speak or write nonfiction, I tend to be transparent, like I was yesterday on this site. At times, I've probably been too open in certain environments, but that was because in the past, I had certain expectations about what the reaction might be. Now, for the most part, I don't worry about it. I just speak, write, and see what happens. I'll think, Fuck it, be me, be where I am, celebrate my place, my state of mind right here, right now.

Some stare. Others gather close. Others want to "fix" me or whatnot, which always makes me grin, because what they don't realize is that the openness itself is the main source of the solution. The reactions vary, for sure. It's interesting. But sometimes, the next day, I'll think, Now why did I bust out those feelings to the public? Wonder how that came across? Briefly, I had such thoughts a few minutes ago. But then, I came across certain social media comments. Many were thanking me. Certain people related, felt my openness was helpful, and the like.

After I speak to a group, I've noticed that certain souls will approach me excitedly, and they'll want to know me, get closer. Lately, I've been worrying a hell of a lot less about what people think, for sure. Because when I see how some -- an interesting mix -- respond, I realize that my words are powerful, and it's a gift, and I stop second-guessing my first move, which is to come from my experience, my strength, and my heart. Vulnerability makes many folks feel uncomfortable...they may see it as weakness; they may be terrified. They may want to "fix" the feelings, make them go away.

But to me, vulnerability is a sign of passionate, potent inner strength and love; it is a sign of growth and change. Vulnerability = living in the solution. Sexy too.

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell