Search This Blog

4/12/2024

Breaking the Rules.

Good morning! Love to you. Don't forget to buy my awesome books on AmazonGo here. Yes! Or, for more info, just click on the books on the right side of this page!

They're page-turners. All of them are intense, mysterious, deep, and even hilarious at times. Many years of hard work, research, and creative energy went into each one, and the dialogue is absolutely rich and real. You'll be surprised at the way I capture a voice. Literally, when I write, I BECOME each character, which can be frightening at times. 

And please leave a review! Many thanks to those who are supporting my art! You are making it possible for me to continue pursuing my dream, which is to continue punching out books and see my books turn into films. :) Yes!

I'll turn this into a short story at some point, but here's a funny little scene for you...


Yesterday, I saw an 86-year-old woman slowly rising up off of one of those electric, seated shopping carts to reach for some mushrooms. How do I know her exact age? You'll see...

Me:  Hi there, you need some help reaching those mushrooms?
Her (smiling wildly):  Hi there! Aw, no, I just don't want the organic ones. I want the regular. I can get 'em. (standing tall) I got it.
Me: Alright, you got it.
Her (whispering):  Oh yeah, I do. Hey, come here.
Me (leaning in)
Her (whispering, grabbing the shrooms, sitting back down):  Hey, you know what I do? I get the regular mushrooms and peel off the outsides. Then they're organic, haha!
Me (laughing):  You're a rebel!
Her (laughing): Oh, you gotta be! I'm 86. I'm breaking all the rules, and I'm not messing around.
Me:  No doubt. 
Her (holding up her mushrooms, driving her cart away one-handed, speedily)
Me (laughing hard, giving her a thumbs-up)

People might look at me or hear me talk and assume certain things. Oftentimes, I'm a quiet observer in a crowd -- that girl in the back who seems invisible. But what they don't know is this:  I'm 49. I'm breaking all the rules, and I'm not messing around.

C.A. MacConnell