Search This Blog

4/16/2024

Me, April 24.

 

Hi there. Pretty much what I look like when I'm working. So, this is pretty much how I look, because I'm always working! Seven days a week, I do deliveries and when I'm not doing that, I'm sleeping, walking and planning stories, taking pictures, or writing. This is my favorite hat, because I have a huge head, and it actually fits! I'd like about ten of the same hats, different colors, but I have yet to find another that's as comfy.

I do love Blind Melon, but not as much as some other bands; however, I particularly like the "Soup" album, which is definitely genius. Most people only know the first, self-titled one, but "Soup" is ridiculously awesome. An absolute gem. They've had a new singer for a long time, and he's kind, friendly, and talented as well.

There are a ton of talented people out there. Just depends on who gets promoted. I did music writing for eight years. Mostly local, but some national too. I met so many artists, and many of them were ultra-talented, hiding right out in the open, so to speak. A few names pop right up in my mind, the ones who "stood out." I'll keep it to myself but for sure, some are secret superstars just writing tunes, hanging out, having breakfast in their kitchens, later writing amazing tunes that may or may not get little to no circulation.

I am honored to know many of them.

Have a good day. Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell

P.S. Shout out to Chanell, Nay, and the women of Madisonville, who are kind, strong, and supportive. Shout out to Shawntell, who makes me smile every day. <3