Search This Blog

3/13/2024

Three Girls, and Some Words from Me.

 

Three Girls, Cleveland, film shot. Just picked it randomly, actually. I suppose I like the feeling of play, and the essence of support. <3

Hope you're having a good day. I had a long one! Sometimes I take on too much work, or I accept orders that are too big, but I got ahead, and I'll be glad tomorrow. Had some big laughs with the meat department this morning; they were howling. Shit like that makes the day worth it, and I told the guys that too. I said, "I know we joke around a lot, but I don't think you realize how much these little interactions mean to me sometimes." They agreed. We had some hugs. There's a lot of love in between the jabs, that's for sure.

For six years, starting when I was fifteen, I worked with 40 men, all drivers. I'm accustomed to working with men, I suppose. Obviously, at first, I couldn't drive yet and so, I was stuck in the office until I got my license. Then I was driving all over the place, running the strangest errands. If I went into depth about it, no one would believe me.

Now my life isn't so exciting, and I work my ass off for very little, for sure. This past year has been extremely difficult in every way. Financial stress, family stress, physical and mental stress, you name it. Unbelievable loss and stress. I've been praying my ass off and working my ass off in every way. Truly, I've had some rough days and weeks, but I've been strong as hell, and I'm getting stronger, and I'm extremely grateful for the times of laughter. I'm also grateful for my spiritual advisers, and the new friends rolling into my life. I've changed a lot, and my circle is changing as well.

But I'm STILL led to jobs that involve driving, me, and a bunch of men, ha. Just how it has worked out. Makes me chuckle to wonder what's next...but I do know that here's one thing that'll be rolling out SOON:

I have a solid draft of Book Five finished, and I'm stoked about it. Stay tuned. I tore up the first version, and it's new now, and I think it's uplifting and unique. Can't wait for you to see it! My first stab at nonfiction, and I'm hoping for the best, in terms of publication.

Until then, you can find my four published novels on Amazon. To purchase, just click on the book covers on the right side of this page. You'll find a description of each one there as well.


If you're enjoying my site, consider a donation...button on the right of this page. All of this is a solo effort. I would be so grateful. Thanks for your support.

Love to YOU. I may get sidetracked but always, when I get quiet, there's never a doubt in my mind of what's right and important -- love to you. That's more important than any job, photo, or book.

C.A. MacConnell