Search This Blog

3/10/2024

Little Quirks.

Good morning. Positive thought for today, for me, for you: Thinking about little quirks I love about myself...

I always have ice cream and cookies on Saturday night; the flavor/brand varies, although I don't like high-end stuff.

I love to drive, and I always have. In college, they called me "Driverwoman." Also, "Snake," but I won't tell you why unless it's in person, ha.

I can do calligraphy.

I love my out-of-control eyebrows; they're long, thick, and hilarious, and I never touch them.

Lately, I love Chris Brown's music...I like the hint of vulnerability in his voice, and I like his songwriting b/c it packs a duality of feeling...never just one vibe; always dynamic, which is interesting. One of my favorite songs is "How We Roll" by Ciara and Chris Brown, and it's a great example of his technique -- he somehow delivers melancholy and joy in one line, and it's intriguing to me. I also love Yung Bleu & Kehlani - "Beautiful Lies." Same kind of vibe. But I was a music writer for many years, and I also love every other style of music. I adore any song with powerful drums. When Pearl Jam comes on, I go wild every time, the same way I have since 1992 -- I know every word, every note, every drumbeat, every howl or scream; it's hilarious to watch, because I can imitate Vedder's voice. I can also imitate Shannon Hoon and Axl Rose, and it's pretty right on the nose. Pretty funny if you catch me.

What's something unique about you? What do you love about yourself?

Tell me on social media. You can find my page in my bio. :)

Love,
C.A. MacConnell