Search This Blog

3/24/2024

Fence, Poem, Photo.

Good morning. I'm glad you're here.

Thank you for your support.

Today, a two-for-one special! Ha. A photo and a poem. Donate to my site, and you'll be eligible for a ten-year-old, witch, Halloween Pez dispenser. Unopened! Seriously, if you're enjoying my art here on my site, if you can, please consider a donation. Button on right side of this page.

I have four books on Amazon! Check it out!

I'm working on getting Book Five out there. Wish me luck!

I hope your day is love-filled and unique. Spectacular, why not?

Always, love to you,
C.A. MacConnell


Fence

Human, for years, I've been waiting.
Soon, I may warp into kindling --
no more than knots. Leaning back,
living in slant, there rests a ladder.
Today, may you reach out, touching
my strong side (the least faded,
the straightest, my shaded best).
Go ahead. Press your rising chest
against me. My mouth can take
the weight. You will make me --
one, lowly, man-made fence --
stand tall enough to come alive.
Peek above the jagged rows. Find
the crooked downside, for beyond
and below, a thousand splintered
stories, the aches of yesterdays,
are hidden within each crack and line.
So many whispers. All over, I hold
secrets. They are woven in.
They are carved into me
by little hands.

C.A. MacConnell