Search This Blog

3/09/2024

If You Know, You Know

If You Know, You Know

The other day, when I was working, my first delivery was to a mansion with a pond, an automatic gate, the whole nine. My second delivery was to a low-income apartment complex, one of the most tragic I've ever seen. If you've lived in a place like this, and I have in the past (for eight years), then you know the smell, and once you enter the hall, you breathe it in and for the rest of the day, you can't get the smell out of your nose. Basically, the smell=death.

Guess who tipped higher? Apartment people. Every single day, this is the trend.

And guess who has helped me carry heavy items from time to time? Women. Over the course of two years, not one man. Always, women.

Because if you know, you know, and you help.

As for material things, I have very little. But every single day, I'm struck by these powerful lessons in humility and giving.



C.A. MacConnell

P.S. Let me just add, I am grateful for any and all work. This was just an observation I've made since 2021...just my experience, and I found it interesting.