Search This Blog

7/07/2024

Love Poem.

Ha, out and about, I joke a lot, and I can be lighter for sure, but it's in my nature to be intense, I suppose, ha. But I read something this morning..."be intense and passionate and see who draws close to you." It felt rather freeing. :) The idea of "be you" and see who sticks around. I mean, of course I've heard that before, but it was a nice reminder. Here's a poem for you...I like it, b/c I like the ones with a twist. And I like it because it does show a side of my real desires and hopes. Some of my poems are more like characters, but this one is more from raw feeling. I admit it's kinda jarring. XO, C.A.

Love Poem
 
I need a guitar,
and a new tattoo.
I need a dollar
to buy a lotto ticket.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
I need a woman
to show me how to heal.
I need a man
with a tattered jacket,
and a trick up his sleeve.
I need a black Camaro
with Kentucky plates,
and a rooster, a dog, and a glove.
I need a mailbox that leans,
and a doctor
who knows how to fuck.
If I could go back,
I'd take up the drums,
just for the muscle.
I need a mighty voice, a piano,
and a damn safe spork.
I need a shovel, a white room,
a backpack,
and some noise.
I need new employment
in the sky.
There is one person
I’d like to mention.

C.A. MacConnell