Search This Blog

12/08/2023

Photo: Rugby

 

This is Rugby. I rode him a few times, and we had a great time. He was a talented fellow, but he was a total jokester, and he and I had a funny connection. He was at one barn where I worked and then, strangely, he was sold and showed up at another barn where I worked. Oftentimes, when his owner was brushing him, when she turned around, he'd bite the ass of her jeans. Then, he'd look at me to make sure I saw. She'd get so mad, and Rugby and I would be cracking up, looking at each other. Then he'd grab brushes with his teeth, throw them around, that kind of thing. His owner would get furious, and he and I would just be rolling. Yes, I can tell when a horse is laughing, and Rugby consistently played jokes on people and made sure to look over at me to make sure I was seeing it. Hilarious. 

I trained another horse, Johnny, who did similar things...he'd threaten to bite people and such. But neither horse ever did it to me. It was like an inside joke...if they didn't like someone, both of them were like this:  "Well, I could kill you if I wanted to, because you're annoying, but I'd rather have some fun today."

Ha, hope you have a good day. 💪💖😎😘

C.A. MacConnell