Search This Blog

12/22/2023

Happy Holidays!

 

Happy Holidays and thank you for joining me on my artistic journey. Photo by me. Took it yesterday. :) My good friend's truck...his mom, Emily, a friend who just passed on, used to love riding around in this truck...celebrating her life as well. Like my grampie and my aunt, she had Alzheimer's disease.

Strangely enough, my grampie had a photographic memory his whole life, before the onset of his illness. He was a minister, and when he wrote sermons, after glancing at it once, he had it memorized! No lie. Grampie was quite gentle; he loved to garden, fish, and the like. At the dinner table, sometimes he told jokes that were incredibly long stories, ha; they were so long that I used to get lost in the story, and by the time he got to the punchline, I didn't get it at all, haha, but I laughed anyhow.

Emily was gentle at times, but she definitely had a fierce wild streak that I loved. Emily was a walker! Like me, she hated to sit still...we'd often run into each other on the streets, and we'd both be pounding away at the pavement, smiling. Literally, she kept on walking right up until the last month of her life. Unbelievable.

Thinking of both of them at the moment. People...so unique. I know Emily would have loved this photo. Love to you,

C.A. MacConnell