Search This Blog

1/30/2024

Ready to Ride.

Good morning. Positive thought for today, for me, for you: night before, I had a dream that some man smiled and quietly asked me if I'd like him to get my horse ready for me to ride. I jumped and smiled. My horse was bay, huge, and cantankerous, but in the dream, I was riding him.

See, I worked my ass off in the horse business for 20 years...I was a shit shoveler, lounge cleaner, rider, groom, assistant trainer, trainer, you name it. Even when I was a trainer, no one ever got a horse ready for me, ha. Over the years, I've had numerous horse dreams -- most of them have involved panic -- late for a show, missing lessons, looking for my old horse, things of that nature. In every single one, I've never made it to actually riding.

But in this particular dream, I did. I was simply riding.

One of my main spiritual advisors, someone other than my sponsor, has been gravely physically ill for the past couple of months and at first, I was rather frightened. I've leaned on him for many years. But it's been teaching me an important lesson, and I can hear him whispering it in my ear, even though he's not in front of me. It's this: trust yourself. You have a vast amount of insight, more than they do. Trust yourself.

And so, I suppose I'm finally ready to "ride;" that is, although I realize there is always more learning, I know that all of the experiences, all of the work I've done...I don't have to look outside myself for answers. The answers are inside of me.

C.A. MacConnell