Search This Blog

1/18/2024

Coffee or Tea.



Photo on film. I've always liked this shot. At first, this coffee shop was a cluttered mess that was owned by the same guy for like 20 years. He roasted his own beans, and he was rather fiery, to say the least, and he adored the band, Marcy Playground. Played that band 24/7. Actually, I met that band once briefly, but I never told the coffee shop guy, because I thought he might freak out, ha. But I liked this fiery fellow a lot. Then he disappeared, sold the shop, and it became a new coffee shop -- less cluttered, more Prince memorabilia, and I worked there. Just to pay homage to the first owner, I sometimes played Marcy Playground, ha. Then, a year later, it shut down again, and it became yet another coffee shop, one that is currently ultra-modern. I have to say, I liked the first one the best.

Good morning. Just something that rolled out of my brain just now. Perhaps it'll be helpful? Reposting from social media:

Positive thought for today, for me, for you: sometimes, gratitude can be a strange concept and also, it can feel not as authentic or forced at times...but I like to harness it, make it a bit smaller and more attainable, and think of it like this: I'm grateful for this experience right now, because down the road, I will see the pattern and the miracle, even if the true nature of things escapes me at the moment. So let me stop, pause, look up at the sky, and notice the beauty and mystery of this instant. Guess what? I am part of the beauty and the mystery. Thank you.

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell