Search This Blog

5/04/2024

Hairline

Some months ago, I quit soda...huge for me. I did it cold turkey, which was dumb, because I was drinking like 20 a day, and I have for many years. I almost ended up in the ER from the withdrawal. Anyway, I did it. Now I only have coffee or tea once in A.M., and sometimes once in afternoon. The rest, water! Realized the body doesn't need caffeine. Paying a lot more attention to these things in many ways...more to do, of course. Tough stuff, but it's even tougher to change these patterns for someone like me, b/c I have OCD, just saying. I've done a lot of hard work on it, but it creeps out wildly in times of stress, for sure. Honestly, in writing, I see it as a gift! But it makes me even prouder when I can change! Cigs will be a beast. But I'm happy w/ these changes so far. Have a great day! Love to you, C.A. Here's a poem for you. <3 XO.

Hairline

Sweaty-wet wings live
In the front row, near
Your temples.
Some tips hover now, reaching out,
Sharply.
Some settle down, half-covering your
Eyes. Some shoot the dark,
Wrong way, no more
Than bars against the skin, making homes
On a smooth brow bone.
You run a hand through the chaotic,
Flyaway hair. Maybe you just rolled out of
Somewhere, a place
Where only her breath
Moves
The part of you
That is wheat.

C.A. MacConnell