Search This Blog

6/23/2023

From the Shark

A poem from the POV of the shark. :) Just messing around, getting my brain in gear. :)

From the Shark

Hello there Hello again
Listen I didn't do it on purpose
It all started with the sun going away
I went real fast you couldn't even see me
One second under
Next the surface
I opened my mouth
I swallowed the white bird
Too late I saw the stupid boat
Then I was stuck on something
My head my mouth my front my throat my neck my teeth
Pulling trapped sucking me
I remember I couldn't swim or breathe right
I jerked side to side my head my tail
My mouth was full of feathers and I loved it
But I tasted something wrong
The rope
Moe once told me he had it happen
No one swam near him for weeks because of his problem
Never thought it would happen to me
I knew I had to chew it apart soon no one wants a net
Break free home
Before anyone saw me caught up
I thought I was in the clear
But when I got back
Jimmy told me I had something bad
In my cheek
Patty broke off sideways
Said half my jaw was gone
I didn't feel the hole there
I was still enjoying the seagull
The whole team was all making fun of my ugly
Swimming in shapes and lines and diving in threes
Which was laughing
And I knew I had to do something to shake the stress
Before all the girls found out
I took off
I was going at least sixty
Weaving through the coral reef
I'd show them all
I saw something and I had to take a hold
Because that's what we do
I admit my aim was off
I guess I was hurt after all like they said something nasty
Which was talk therapy
Everything messed up my brain a little
I guess they were all right about that
Annoying hook in my face
Not supposed to be there
That's what happens with boats
Your face gets a hole the hunting goes wrong
Hello there Hello again
I went real fast you couldn't even see me
One second under
Next second the surface
Listen I didn't do it on purpose
I wanted a sea lion for dessert
I messed up I saw something and I had to take a hold
Because that's what we do
Everybody has bad days
I didn't like the taste 
of the person's leg
So I spit it back
out
I was mad at the mistake
But I didn't have time to say sorry
I was busy see I still had that hook 
Squid said I had to move to get it out
Which is the doctor
I smiled 
I ate him right after
Listen I wasn't dead the moon was coming

C.A. MacConnell