Search This Blog

6/24/2023

Roanoke Star

 


Shot w/ film. In Roanoke, VA, if you climb up Mill Mountain and check out the Roanoke Star, this is what it looks like. From afar, it's a distant shining light that's always there. Kinda like the Space Needle in Seattle....elevator going up and down...just always there. :) I've been up to the star a few times, and it was fun. Never did go up the Space Needle, though...it's expensive, as far as I heard...there's a restaurant up there too...I do know a lot about the Needle's history and structure, because I researched it for my second book, The House of Anchor. Interesting fact:  I originally wrote some scenes located at the top of the Needle, but I later took them out. :) Also interesting...never been up there, but I probably know more about the building than many people who have been to the top. ha.

Hope you have a good day. Love, C.A. MacConnell