Search This Blog

12/06/2018

Migration

Hi there. Just doing some poetry warm-up, fresh from me to you. Hope you dig it. May your day be full of peace. <3, C.A.

Migration

You, the strange
Hawk,

Live on the wind;

You bring the glide.
You bring the climb,
The vision,
And the furious dive.

How I've always wanted
To be a flier,
To give up and give in,
To let the air and the sky

Keep me

Alive,

To steal time,
Swallowing up

All distant

Shapes --
The crawlers, and the motionless --
Like a wild fire.

Each year, you, a thief,
Shake your head and rise up.

Quick

and nearly silent,
but for the tree calls.

Perhaps, with weather,
Comes
A sudden message.

Safe, I imagine,
Nesting,
Looking backwards
In the pine.

Human now.

I keep this
Secret,
A curled-up talon.
It is yours and mine,
Hanging on a wing.

Black licorice
and dark chocolate.
Here and there, I step
On the heels
Of your shoes.

Hurry,
Fall.

Each year,
How I worry
About this grounded

Body.

My feet crack.
My knees crack.

I look to you for

Wheat
Pancakes.

But sometimes I see myself
Teaching flight.

Sometimes I see myself
Feeding
A surprise child.

C.A. MacConnell