Search This Blog

12/01/2018

The 'In-between' Girl

I have another talent, besides sneaking into the mosh pits. There's a strange side of me that's sort of like a hidden...matchmaker...shall we say. See, if you date me for 4-6 months, you are sure to get married within 4-6 months -- not married to me, but after we break up, you'll usually move away and marry someone else. It happens every time.

Dating me is a surefire way to find your real true love -- not me.

Back in 2000, after I broke up with my boyfriend, he moved to Lithuania, and then got married soon after. Then there was the one who moved to New York and married a girl from Asia. There's the one who moved to Costa Rica and got married. The girl who turned straight and got married soon after dating me. The hippie who moved to Montana and got married not long after me. The rocker who married the Brazilian right after dating me...soon, I might add; I really was good with that one. The friend turned boyfriend who got married right after dating me.

The list goes on and on and on. All of them get married within 6 months. It happens every time. Do I mind? Not really. Montana, New York, and Brazil got to me a little, but it was cake, really.

Truly, I'm ultra-independent, and it leaks out.

So if you're having trouble with you're dating life, just date me for 4-6 months, and I'll be sure to groom you to find the right one to marry. Soon. See, I'm the "in between" girl, the girl who fills in the gap for the right one to slide on in. I've never been married; I've never even lived with anyone, except for my roommate in college and why she put up with me, I have no idea, but we sure had fun.

I'm sure there's a "therapeutic term" for this, but I'm not digging. Do I hope for true love? Sure I do. Do I want to get married? For true love, yes, but not just to do it. I want the soul connection. I want my hawk, my wolf, my mate for life, of course.

I hope, secretly. But most of the time, I just do my thing. Shrug.

No worries; it's good to know one's talents. Now why haven't I ever been invited to any of the weddings? I feel like I've played a part. A big part. Actually, I should be praised at the weddings. Perhaps I should even receive wedding gifts. Yes, send them on over, friends. Please include a receipt.

C.A. MacConnell