Search This Blog

9/01/2016

Holding

Happy September! Time to job hunt. Personally, I think I should write lyrics for people. Or I could edit lyrics. I'd dig that. I mean I write tons of poems/songs all the time, just for kicks. That'd suit me. I'm a world class editor, really. Or maybe I could act or something. I've never done that, but I LOVE public speaking. It's really my favorite thing to do. Weird, I know. I may be a little late in the game for acting, I realize, ha, just musing. And hey, I'm a tough writer, and I keep working at it...sent some pages out on my latest finished book, sweet. Dear god, let this one be a hit, a zinger, the big shebang, hells yeah. It's good enough, just sayin. I know when it's right on.

But in the meantime, I'm going to be moving boxes around or pressing register buttons, I think, if I can score something, that's if they don't Google my name when I apply. Alas, something will come in. But on the side, no worries, I will secretively continue to think big and wear horsey nightgowns to the movies. Yes, I did that last night when I saw Sausage Party. Holy shit, that was brilliant, as well as hilarious.

Indeed, many people think I am ridiculous. Do not care.

Here's a poem for you. It's a love poem, for sure. It's weird, I feel a lot of love for a ghost, probably more love than some humans feel for their actual partners. Some. Others really seem to glow. I want to glow like they do, yeah. I want to glow with someone. Meet me and let's glow. <3 Here's the poem; hope you like it. -- C.A. MacConnell

Holding

In loving, some say I travel
off-road,
but maybe it's my job to leave
the Earth.

Holding.

Maybe I'm a violet guest
living
in a starched-white diner made
for the others,

unattached,

but dear God
where is my Roman Café.
I could make

more muscles,
or slim down for the shot,
dying by light.

Big.

In loving, some say I travel
off-road.
In loving, I say I'm someone big
like you.

C.A. MacConnell