Search This Blog

9/07/2016

Photo: Relentless

Relentless

35mm Nikon, Ilford HP5 400x b/w film...that was my favorite when I had a nice camera. Oh, man, I loved that camera. I reminisce about it like some people dream about past lovers, I suppose.

Last night, I woke with a start, bolting upright. There was no mistake. I heard the clear sound of scratching. Terrified, I searched the place for all kinds of dreamt-up creatures, but I found nothing, until I discovered that the cat was trapped in the closet. Aw. Guess he scampered in there when I got my sweatshirt out, and I didn't see him when I shut the door.

Today's truth:  Worry about what may be or worry about what others think of me or even worry about how someone may hurt me...among many other things, most future or past related, all of these mind trips are fruitless endeavors. Easy to know, hard to practice. Trust. Strength. We're all here for a reason. Each day, when I pay attention to the moment, I learn a little more about the real nature of true love.

C.A. MacConnell