Search This Blog

9/19/2016

Current Writing News & Photo: Bee

Bee

Actually, there was a wasp on here too, but he was hidden. So I was looking at this bee, mulling things over, like I do. My goal is to get book 3 published (my young adult novel), and then go back and get book 2 published. Maybe all of this is out of order, but that's the plan in my head. We shall see. They're both slick, though, ready to go. But I'm still considering routes...not clear on it all yet. Three books! Rockin.

Hey, people are loving my book #1, GRIFFIN FARM, which was published in late 2013. The feedback has been outstanding! It's funny, though. Sometimes, people come up to me and say things like, "Oh, I'm so sorry about...." and then they mention something from the book, like they assume that every single detail of my character Mary's life is the same as mine. I just laugh and shrug, but it makes me happy to know that my characters come alive like that. :) Perfect.

Yo, if you read it, put a comment and rating on Amazon! That would be truly awesome. Any help with promotion is appreciated -- Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, tell your mom and all your friends, make an "I love C.A.'s book" T-shirt, get a huge back tattoo of my book cover, etc. Just suggestions.

Wish me luck as I continue on my artistic journey. Luck, magic, or any kind of strange "good vibes" ritual would be appreciated. A rain dance, something of the sort. And good luck to you on your journey, whatever you wish to do, whatever makes your heart sing, whatever makes you feel absolutely rad.

Hey, much love. I don't know about you, but if I start eating candy corn, it's a disaster, and now they have peanut butter candy corn, which is the devil reincarnated. Also in the news -- I finally got a new coffee pot, which is amazing. The burner on my old one was so charred that it was red instead of the proper black color, and the possessed machine made weird sounds and sparks. Other than that, I'm just grateful to feel well today and grateful to be alive, which...in my book...is big-time.

Hooray, I am big-time. My ears are popping. Does that mean someone's thinking of me? Or does that just mean that I can hear better?

C.A. MacConnell