Search This Blog

12/28/2017

Photo: Wolf Hiding

Wolf Hiding
Cincinnati Zoo

Wolves. Wolves and hawks. My spirit animals. It switches around, it seems. Sometimes geese, ducks, dogs, tigers, cats, a rooster, you name it. Whatever gets my attention. God reaches out to me in so many ways. Truly, I feel like someone is watching over me, sending me messengers.

I think that it takes me longer to bundle up for my walk than it does for me to do my actual walk. It's been in the single digits around these parts, and with the wind chill, it's been negative. But it's worth it. The quiet is surreal, because not many brave souls are out. Not even my hawks are around.

The sunrise was amazing this morning.

On the writing front...I started a new project. Looks like it'll be Book 4 at some point. Just working on the first twenty pages or so, and I'm going slowly on it. Still tinkering away at getting Book 3 out there as well. Might have to revise it, not sure yet. Frustrated sometimes with that, but I keep trooping along. Because it's my dream.

The holidays were super busy for me this year. That's not the usual case, but life changes you, aye? I'm content, and I feel loved and blessed. I hope you feel peaceful. And somewhat wild, like me.

Thanks for reading. Much love,

C.A. MacConnell