Search This Blog

12/02/2017

False Events Appearing Real.

Fear. For the past few days, I've been all in my head about certain situations. Over Thanksgiving as well, now that I think about it. But none of the things I was worried about were real fears; that is, none of them were things I was presently facing...right here, right now. They were all "future events appearing real."

When I told others what I was thinking, I heard this:  That's never happened to me in 70 years, Give yourself a break, and What can you do about any of it right now?

In all truthfulness, there's nothing I can or need to do about any of it right now. So what helps? Telling on myself. Telling others the thoughts that are running around in my head. Letting go of the shame about my thoughts and putting it all out there to someone I trust. This seems to alleviate some of the stress.

Now, this is something I learned years ago, so why does it always seem so difficult? I suppose I worry of judgement. Or I worry that I may "bother someone." Things of this nature. But when I think about the times that others have called on me for the same reason, I've never felt annoyed or judgemental. I've felt honored that someone would trust me with their deepest pains.

So, today, give yourself a break. If you're struggling, find someone you trust and let it all out. Sharing takes the power out of fear, I've found. Allow yourself the opportunity to reach out and be healed.

I hope you find love and peace today,
C.A. MacConnell