Search This Blog

12/13/2017

Cape

Hi there. Poem I wrote just now. Little flash poetry session. Hope you like it. Poetry helps my writing get back in gear...you know...focus on each little word and line, the rhythm of it all. Hope you're having a good day. I feel blessed, truly. Love, C.A.

Cape

I have heard this yelling:

blue eyes make me weep
in the morning's brittle garden,
in the wind's canine chill,
in the hungry afternoon,

in the vapor-rich night,
in the screen of the sky's sea --
how it pours forth the gray coat --
in the almost-accident,
in the azure sunset,
in the sure, little death
of each and every sleep,
in the wicked toss to wake,
and in the backache stretch
to rise. Tear off the sheets.

We wear secret, golden skins. 
Some call us sun and moon.

See the baby in the cape.

C. A. MacConnell