Search This Blog

10/01/2023

The Reach

Hi there, this is how I'm feeling. Reaching out to you, to God, to the world, listening. My site blew up for a bit, and then it settled. So strange. Could be phishing or google hitting it, I have no idea. I guess I don't understand this stuff. I hope to one day be able to promote more...or have someone do it for me, have a new site, and allow comments and such. Of course, that's the goal. Until then, here I am, ha. Hope you're having a good day, and I hope you like the poem. Love to you, C.A. 

The Reach

With his fingers, one lonely man
carved a perfect, nude, stone sculpture.

A single woman penned a lofty book,
one about a shy, misunderstood

monster, a recluse who was half
machine. Others wrote elusive,

naked songs and poems. Nomads
poured out bibles and speeches.

Soliloquies. Today, each moment,
the world still cracks, falling in love

with Marilyn Monroe. And here I am,
digging into the stream, trying

 to express what lies inside,
but like the rest, I'll never quite

reach. I'm sure you already know.

C.A. MacConnell