Search This Blog

9/07/2023

Step Up, and a Note.

 

Today, I delivered four items...the exact ones...early...to a customer who proceeded to scream at me through a video doorbell. At first, I calmly attempted to answer some of the questions, but I could barely understand her, and she continued screaming. So, startled and shaken, I waved goodbye and left, because I was concerned for my safety. Of course, I reported the incident, but it was so strange...verbal abuse for no reason.

And I am being completely honest when I say this -- I work hard as hell, and I do the best I can, always. Sure, I've made mistakes. I'm human. And I address them, and I try the best I can to improve. But in this case, there was no reason for it, but it happened. 

Happens to all of us at times, I suppose.

Alas, when I got in the car, I was shaking. Certainly, one can say to oneself..."Don't take on the other person's angst," of course, and I told myself that, but it's still hard sometimes. I'm not accustomed to raised voices. And I never yell either. It affected me for a while, but then I let it go. Actually, in my car, I prayed for the lady. I wasn't sure what else to do, so I sent her some peace. Why not.

I was proud of the way I handled everything, though. I still am. Most of the time, I meet some really cool people and animals, but there have been a few scary ones. I'm sure I'll write some stories about all of this later. I already have some rolling around in my brain. I'm considering some new fiction, a new project, a love story or a comedy, something fun. We'll see. For the time being, I've just been OK with taking pictures, using less words, and sinking into more of a quiet space. It's been nice to just kick back and listen.

Anyway, be kind. Remember to love. We're in this together. I wish you success!

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell