Search This Blog

9/06/2023

Limo in Woods

 

Most people don't know this about me, but I worked for a limousine company for about eight years, starting when I was fifteen years old. No, actually, it was around six years, now that I think about it. But it seemed like eight, ha. Before I could even drive, I was wearing a pager and arranging transportation for musicians, comedians, businessmen, and on and on. It was truly an adventure. At the time, I suppose I didn't realize how strange it all was, because I was so young when I started...there's a lot to this story, but I will save it for another day. But I will say this...it was absolutely wild all of the time, every day. Never knew where I would end up each day, or who I would meet or talk to each day...it was always strange and interesting, to say the least. :) Thinking back, I can see how odd it all was, but at the time, I didn't know any different...no matter who called or who I talked to, I was just ready to take directions and do my job. Tours were tours, and that was that. From a bachelor party to an enormous tour, I just tried to make it all smooth.

I'm still that way, I suppose...to me, people are people, and I rather enjoy the variety, but I take them all in the same way. It affected me, though...the stress and the noise. Later, the music stuff came in handy, b/c I worked as a music writer for eight years...that's why the number eight was stuck in my brain.

C.A. MacConnell