Search This Blog

5/12/2023

Skater's Point

 

I love this photo! I was in Santa Barbara...I was researching The House of Anchor, my sophomore book, so I hit up this skate park. Hope you get a chance to check it out. It's an adventure/mystery, and it's "all things 90s." The dialogue is so fun. I haven't looked at it since I published it in 2017, though. I never do look back after I release something. I think it'd make such a cool Netflix series, with all of those wild characters in the mix. The Hole and Strange Skin too, for that matter. Griffin I see as a movie.

I love to dream about such things. When I'm writing, I'm intensely visual...I often see my books as films even when it's on paper. Just my thing. This morning, I was repeating positive affirmations about my writing, and I've been doing that lately. I've worked hard. There has to be a place for a strange girl like me. People like to hire all sorts of "exceptional" folks, right? Hope so. I'm ready to start something new.

I went on quite a few adventures in Santa Barbara. The park, the beach, the vendors, and I remember one extremely sunburned homeless man who sticks in my mind, because I was really feeling for him that day. When I was at Starbucks, a group of people were looking at me weirdly and whispering, I remember. I must've stuck out with my Midwest outfit, I dunno. I distinctly remember feeling self-conscious.

This morning, I have this feeling that more change is coming...not sure in what area of my life, but I'm ready. 

I hope you're happy, whatever you're getting into. :) <3 to you,

C.A. MacConnell