Search This Blog

5/13/2023

Photo: Giraffe



An old film shot I just came across. :) Thought you might like it. Made me grin. Also made me think about patterns. Due to some deep work, I'm seeing so many ingrained patterns in my life, in my history, and I admit that at the moment, it's rather annoying to be aware, ha, because sometimes I'd rather just run around blind. With awareness comes some rough patches, but there's always another side, in my experience and well, I only go forward from here, because there's no going back.

But the cool thing about this picture is that it also reminded me of this:  when it comes to giraffes, the pattern is there to help them survive, and it only changes as they grow.

I suppose I'm drawn to those who push me, even if it is unsettling at times. And here's the irony...the people we love the most are the ones who upset us the most, it seems. As the character, Sarah, in the movie, Waking the Dead, puts it, "I find you so infuriating!" She says so because she's soulfully frustrated and full of passionate love, but she's challenged at the same time. I love that line. That about nails it. So intricate, that film.

You, even from a distance, are one of those people, because as I write to you, I write to me, and knowing you're there pushes me to barrel through this mess we call life. I suppose that's why I write to you. I find the internal challenge interesting, and it makes me want more.

And deep down, I know we're all a reflection of each other. It's just that some of us are closer.

Just what's on my mind. Hope you have a nice night.

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell