Search This Blog

3/27/2023

You were hand-woven by spiders.

Good evening. I'm feeling creative tonight. I'm always feeling creative. I get in trouble all the time. I've never had writer's block. I just keep going and going, whether or not anyone's around, haha. Comes in handy with writing at least. Did not come in handy during my "I think I'm Picasso" era. Let me tell you, I am the worst painter and drawer on the planet, probably in the history of the universe. Ha. Hope you like the piece. The first line is the title in this one.

You were hand-woven by spiders.

The night we met, light
came through
your sun,
your iris.
Swimming straight out of
the bayou,
you shone.
Back then,
you wore the perfect shade –
a faded sweater,
a home-threaded,
shy cut, an original
number – made of only the finest
Spanish moss.

C.A. MacConnell