Search This Blog

10/21/2018

Wet Hooky


Scattered Showers
Lunken Bike Path

Sexy one for you today. :) Enjoy. Kind of reads like rain...on purpose. :) Love to you, C.A.

Wet Hooky

Go ahead. Come

down

softly.

Go ahead. Change your mind

and spit.

I have no say

in the way the sky

leaks.

Soak me heavy.

Send bullet-hail. Weigh

my brown hair down.

Darken all the light things –

everything alive, below,

exposed.

Whatever the season,

I'll still open

my mouth, letting my lower lip

hang loose, like an old horse.

I'll still let you touch

my tongue.

I'll still wait for you

to slide over me, over everything,

turning the world

clean or nasty.

I see your wet, wide work.

I see you water

this and that ground.

Some drops dance

for a penny-living.

Some drops

wear tap shoes -

sporadic, uncertain, polluted,

pausing for thunder,

no more than damp,

distant fingertips

pressing down dirty rooftops,

making gutter music.

Some hammer it home,

making surface skin sweat,

and the people hours become

all about the weather.

Go ahead. Come down

softly. Go ahead, change

your mind.

You are employed by the sky

I've found, and up there,

that’s where I’ll look for you --

in each, full moment

when the clouds spread.

You pour,

I sip.

We play hooky

in the lightning.

-- C.A. MacConnell