Search This Blog

7/01/2018

Photo: Rugby

 
Rugby

This fellow was one I rode for a while. I have a soft spot for bays with stars. He dug me, which was a good thing, because if he didn't like someone, he'd play jokes on him or her. One time, I watched while this lady was trying to tack him up, and as soon as she turned around, he'd bite her butt or shoulder or pick up brushes in his mouth and throw them, making a mess all over. Then he pooped in her brush box. I swear when he turned his head to look at me he was cracking up. When I tacked him up, he stood there, no problem. Smart, smart horse.

Horse stories. I have a lot of them. Their personalities are one in a million, every single one. There are some sweethearts, and some real bad eggs here and there, and all in between -- immature, inexperienced, insecure, confident, sexy, all over the map. Just like people.

Have a good evening. I'm getting some editing done. Hope you like the shot.

It's a scorcher.

C.A. MacConnell