Search This Blog

6/17/2018

Happy Father's Day!

You Lead
California, OH

My father is a true leader. Over time, he has helped thousands of women find housing, medical care, mental health services, addiction services, and more. He has helped them get off the streets and create new lives. He has helped thousands of children find education and support. And so much more. And even in his retirement, he continues to give, serve on boards, and help people find new lives free from heroin, alcohol, and other addictive substances. Pretty amazing.

When I was little, he was my good luck charm at horse shows. Seems like whenever he was there, I rode really well.

Growing up, we didn't talk much. He was quiet. I was quiet. We were wrapped up in whatever. Now, we talk on the phone and get together constantly. He's my best friend.

We're going to see Oceans Eight today. I'm so stoked. I love the movies. I get so excited. It's really strange how excited I get. Ha. You'd think I was going to my own wedding or something.

I hope you have a beautiful day, wherever you are. Maybe I'll see you. My heart is on fire these days.

Love, always,
C.A. MacConnell