Search This Blog

6/23/2018

Flashback.


I remember this dress. I think I wore it every single day for a year, minus a few forced washes here and there. The jacket was my brother's...it made me feel "older" when I wore it. I remember thinking it was so special. Like magic. I remember this shot. I was in the backyard...my favorite place. I could see the farmer's horses from there. And the swing set was right there. I felt most at peace back there, for sure. There was a willow tree as well. I loved to sit under the willow and write ridiculous things. I loved the feel of the branches touching my cheeks.

Not much has changed. I still love fields, horses, and willow trees.

And the feeling of freedom that came with all of it.

I admit this week has been tough. But I have a feeling things will turn around. My spiritual adviser tells me to live in gratitude. She does, every day. She's a nun, and she's always smiling. Her jewelry is fantastic...not the expensive kind, but the kind you can only find at a vintage store or garage sale. I love every single piece of it. Lots of purple. I don't wear much jewelry. Hardly at all, actually, although I just ordered a Native American necklace made of beads...I'm so excited.

Anyhow. I'm working on Book Three, damnit, I am. I'm finishing this sucker regardless of what's going on, that's for sure. Just checking in. Sharing a part of my life.

If no one told you yet today, I love you,
C.A. MacConnell