Search This Blog

7/30/2026

Forgiveness, Turn It Around.

Forgiveness, Turn It Around

There are times when we strongly feel that other folks have wronged us and perhaps, in the direct situation, we don't have a part in it, other than that we were there.

Hm, this is so wrong. The injustice!
 When it happens to me, I'll often think similar thoughts such as that. Or, this:  I just happened to be there. It wasn't me!

But, I was there. And if I were present, that means I was in the mess for a reason.

To learn.

That's right. It is about me, not them.

I believe that we draw situations around ourselves, and they are the teachers, if we choose to learn. 

So, let's dive in.

Forgiveness. If we are aware, and we continue to operate in the same way, then we're no longer victims; instead, we're volunteers. Think of it this way:  if I allow this person or situation to continue to affect my thinking, my day, and my emotions, I am continuously volunteering to participate in the hurt.

That's right. It's not them, it's me. Look inward.

Tough stuff, indeed.

This entire world is focused on blame. Who's right, who's wrong...who's in power, who's not in power and on and on, ad infinitum.

But as an individual, I have an immense gift. I have the power to look inward. Always. I can choose to act or react in whatever way I want, all of the time. And, how I feel is a choice.

Do I choose to let this person or persons have power over me today? Am I going to drive myself wild trying to "force" someone to act a certain way? Or, do I choose to accept the situation, accept the people as they are, forgive, focus on myself, and do what I can to better/improve my life?

It's up to me.

Me and only me.

This is what I've been learning lately, and it is damn hard sometimes to turn it around, when it feels as if injustice is involved, I know. Very hard. But it is possible. And from that possibility, I can welcome new thought and perhaps, new action...and something curious begins to rush in, and that is this:  freedom.

Freedom.

What a glorious word.

Allow yourself to be free today. And I will too. 

Aye, sometimes distraction is helpful too. Playing, screaming in my car, singing, dancing, moving, listening to a meditation, praying, and the like. With many tough situations, it not an easy event but rather, a long process.

But in the end, the best option I've found is to love. Show love to a stranger, an animal, or a friend, whoever it may be. 

Turn it around. If I can today, you can too. 

We're in this together. And my heart is strongly in it with you right now, as I write to you.

Love to you,
C.A. MacConnell

P.S. If you like this, you'll like RECOVER WILDLY. Check out my author page too. <3

P.P.S. I am doing laundry after a long day of physical work. Later, I will play some piano, and I'm so excited! Every moment I can be with my heart, like I am right now, writing to you, I am grateful. C.