Search This Blog

7/16/2023

Morning Thoughts

Sometimes I get tired of "growing." I've spent so much time looking at myself, going to therapy, going to 12-step meetings, doing the deal. Of course, life leads to new growth whether I like it or not, it seems...but there's a time to sit back and just be OK with who I am, to not worry, to fuck up and keep going on, to laugh and play.

Where's the course in that? :) There is no "course." It just is what it is, in the moment, and that's when I'm at my best, I believe.

Seems to me that many people, as we get older, need help with remembering to be children, rather than help pressing forward.

Thought for today:  "What brings me back to the moment? What brings me real joy? What brings me...and those around me...back to the essence of wonder?" I'm going to focus on these notions today, rather than "working on myself." When my perspective shifts in this way, I become the "lighter me," and ironically, in turn, someone greater.

Love,

C.A. MacConnell