Search This Blog

12/22/2022

Wish List

I'm gonna disappear for a little bit. If you're interested in my writings, I have a bunch of samples on here, all genres; hit up the "Labels" column on the right side of this page. You'll find a little of everything. Even better, check out my Amazon Author page, where you'll find my four novels. I'd love to have you join my journey.

This is the only holiday-ish poem I have. I'm not into celebrating certain days at all. Never have been. But I am into celebrating the feeling of love. Truth:  in my life outside of writing, I've been a lone soldier for many years, but I feel a closeness, an intimacy, when I write. Or when I look at pictures, movies, when I hear a certain voice or song, when I read into words or photographs and imagine where the story might go. Ah, and when I'm laughing. But often, I feel like a distant observer trooping through the world. I believe I'd like to learn more about true intimacy, though; I feel it with three of my longtime friends. And learning about it more sounds fun. I've spent many years solo, repairing trauma, getting to know who I am, and of course I'm still learning, but I'm proud of this journey, so whatever way it goes from here, I'm content with it. Not to mention, I'm stubborn as all hell, and I'm a strange, introverted bird, and I have some bad habits, ha. But who knows what or who might roll in. God has a way of surprising me lately.

A little, heartfelt piece that I wanted to share with you, one of many that I've written about love, one that comes from the kind of intimacy that I know...

Wish List

You, me, inside
the fire light.
On days like this,
I miss the left
side of your jawline.
I miss the slightly
larger shape,
the almond
of your right eye.
We will rest
in one simple room.
East or west,
north or south,
we will feel time
for what it is --
low lit, silent
and momentous.
Holiday, come.

C.A. MacConnell

P.S. On a practical note, I sure hope my soul mate doesn't arrive before I get these teeth fixed, haha. Also a work in progress, haha. Oh well, love me with jacked up teeth or not at all.