Search This Blog

6/07/2022

Ten Minutes

Here's a poem for you today. Thoughts within ten minutes.

Ten Minutes

She chews in my ear
My tits hurt
An Italian movie star, his souped-up light fixture
Toothaches
Never a white condo
Virginia horses
Minimalist
Shave my head
Boxing
She never made it to the ice cream man
Heroin
Rigid
A dog, a quiet house
What the hell, she wants fat sucked from inner thighs and stomach, put it on the booty
Infusions and meds
Something is wrong with me
I’m sorry to the universe, and the trees
I wanted this cat to kiss me in the meeting hall last night
Wes Anderson might show up
A mask, throwing me down for doggy
Smoke and hunt for eagles
I bought the T-shirt
One cold night in the car in Montana
B, Vegas, the heart-shaped, vibrating bed
M’s house, R’s basement
The lesbian’s couch for a week
Mountains and bunks
The pool deck
Sleeping with G in the hostel yard, man we stunk
Me, A, we rolled, same birthday, street twin
Hippies on the beach
R from Arizona, never told you but I loved you
Tent in Dad’s back yard
Aging hillbilly
Fake tans make me cringe
He liked me enough to fuck me in the 90s
H never believed me
Living in a van, shitting in a bucket
On the motorcycle with B
On the parkway with J
Sitting on the stoop outside Mill Mountain
Cancel my haircut
I should’ve gone without the mask
She’s perpetually thin, no cavities
Burned my right hand
Full head of hair on that pussy
Finding a live wire
Someone would hit me with Narcan
Maybe E will remember me when she goes
Maybe someone will swoop in
When is the car bill coming
Easier as royalty
Aneurysm
In sixth grade, I was in love with a girl who gave me a book told through the voice of a dog
He would offer me money or flowers to keep me
Everywhere is hiring
Circuit speaker
Grandpa was quiet and sick
Nothing fancy, but perfect transmission

C.A. MacConnell