Search This Blog

9/03/2017

Photo: Katydid

 
Katydid

I've been hearing these lately, close by my window. But once, the one in this picture did come into my apartment, and she landed on a photo I had, as if she thought it was a real branch. I think it was a female, because the songs were outside, and she was quiet. Pretty cool. Born in spring, they die in October or November.

Think about it. What if you were born in April, and you died in November, and that was your entire life? To them, it must seem like a long time. They're magic, really. They remind me to appreciate this day, this life, this moment.

Today, I will focus on the details of the moment. Right now, I hear cicadas.

Nature is everything. Hope you have a chance to get out in it today. Much love and peace,
C.A. MacConnell

P.S. Book Three is coming along! Getting excited.