Search This Blog

6/23/2017

The Shop

I went for a walk in torrential rains, which was interesting...the creatures really come out in the rain. I saw a frog the size of a softball, and he let me touch him. I also saw a huge snake. He told me to steer clear, so I did. Ha. I know my limits. Hope you're well. We all lead separate lives, but are they really separate at all? Not to give too much away, but that's what this one's about. Here's a poem for you. -- C.A. 

The Shop

The clean, fresh
sheets. The fat cat
fed. The fish tank
tomorrow. Whites.
The final spin.
The heavy weight
of spotless silence.
No, no ring
tone near her beige
bedroom. Far past time.

The cream Eldorado
is locked, three deep,
in The Shop,
where the filthy,
full-lipped mechanic
lovingly
smokes menthols.
Her pretty ride
will still make

the night owl.

C.A. MacConnell