Search This Blog

6/15/2017

Photo: Scorcher

Scorcher

This pic reminds of "Stand by Me" or "The Body," for those of you who are Stephen King fans. Here's a weird thing...when I was little (not sure how little, but little), my Dad was addicted to Stephen King novels. So, after he read each one, he retold the stories to me in this low voice that never varied. When telling a story, he never broke stride with that voice. My Dad is a master of telling jokes with a poker face as well. Anyway, I often begged him to tell me Stephen King's stories, and at first he always refused, but then he gave in. Every time. My bedtime stories = Stephen King. Hilarious. I loved it. I'm not sure if Dad told them accurately, but I was absolutely mesmerized. Later, of course, I read some King books on my own.

When someone asks me my name, one of my favorite responses is this:  "I'm Christine, like the car." That's so people don't add the "a," which drives me nuts. I get "Christina" all the time. Why, I have no idea. Maybe I should go back to "Chris." Some people just call me "C.A.," which is fine, or "Mac." I bet Stephen King gets "Steven" all the time. Could be worse. I could be named, "Ima Gote."

Anyhow...

Speaking of awesome stories...yes...THE HOUSE OF ANCHOR, both funny and spooky, is an awesome story. I'd love it if you'd join me on the adventure. Did you pick up a copy?

The signing's coming up..there will be some free stuff and surprises! Main Cup, Milford, OH, July 9, 5-7pm. Be there. :) Don't miss out!
I have low expectations, other than that I'm expecting to meet my true love there. And the stranger will appear out of nowhere and rise up out of the coffee shop and propose, I'm sure of it.
I hope we like each other,
C.A. MacConnell