Search This Blog

11/04/2018

Photo: Barn Aisle


I got a writing gig (finally!!!!!), and I'm going here to this barn today, in case the paparazzi is interested. Going to this very aisle today. I actually worked here for five years...more than ten years ago. It's totally remodeled now, and the horses and the people are all different, but the fields are the same. Weird. What I remember most -- the way the storms rolled in over the flat land. But the horses started to rustle in their stalls long before I could see the clouds. Smart beasts. Well, most of them, ha. Some have a box of rocks up there. Some are too smart, just like people.

Things are moving and shaking anyhow. Fuck yeah. Should hear more about Book Three's status in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

Good things make me more nervous than bad things. I know, that's what therapy's for.

Hope you like the shot. Here's to those of us that have a box of rocks up there. Hey, diamonds are rocks. I finished my master's with a 3.95 while half the year was spent in booze factory, and the other half was spent in full-on mania. One of my buddy's, an inventor, a dayum genius, never finished high school.

C.A. MacConnell